Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tantric Weekend

The Chakra Meditation and yin yoga workshop has come and gone.  It's bittersweet because I so love learning the teachings in person rather than in a book, but it is time to venture out into the world and explore more deeply for myself.  I feel reaffirmed in a lot of ways about the path of yoga that has shown up in my life.  Refreshed and revitalized.  Actually my head feels completely differnt than even yesterday, thanks to the grounding effects of Filling the Dan Tian/Hara and other such meditations.  Diving down into the lower chakras can be difficult for emotional(ly blocked) people, like myself, because unconscious past and present experiences, fears, anger, sexuality, etc etc hang out there patiently waiting with our karma to keep us rooted on the earth.  And it's not uncommon (although not necessarily desirable) for strong physical, emotional reactions or even astral visions to occur.  For example one may feel a sensation of burning in the sacrum, one may feel overwhelmed with an emotion of grief, guilt, resentment, and it's so so real because that is what the lower chakras govern and harbor.  Getting OUT of our heads means diving down into those "unknown" or unconscious depths that we can never rationalize, or figure out, which is scary because..... why?  Because we try try try to be good and smart and consistent and never have any time for imagination or intuition.  And it's so scary to "not know" what to do when we do uncover those intense sensations.  These are messages from our own self, calling from the unknown or unremembered within us, and I believe the answers will be provided from our own self if we cultivate a little patience and compassion.  The magic of a spiritual life will be revealed through diligent practice as the yogis have taught throughout the ages.  Thank you everyone who reads this, and thank you to my teachers, and thank you little voice inside me who comforts me and guides me when I need help. 

No comments: